Idaho Drivers' License Test 2017 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
Idaho Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Idaho Driver's License And State ID
- Idaho DMV Publications - Driver's Handbook, Guide, Manual, Highway Code.
- Idaho Department of Motor Vehicles
- Idaho DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Idaho Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to Idaho, Non Resident Motorists
- Info for Idaho DMV Teen Drivers
- Official Idaho State Website
Types of LicensesClass A, B, and C licenses are Commercial Driver’s Licenses (CDLs) that allow a person to operate certain types of commercial vehicles.
Class D licenses allow drivers to operate non-commercial motor vehicles.
Class D Instruction Permits allow people to practice driving a motor vehicle for 180 days when accompanied by an adult (someone who is 18 years old, or older) who holds a valid driver's license.
Motorcycle (M) Endorsements are required on any Class D or Commercial Driver’s License when a motorcycle rider operates on public roadways.
Motorcycle Instruction Permits are available for those who want to learn how to operate a motorcycle.
Ihaho Driver's License Examinations
Vision Screening Test - Your vision will be tested and you must meet a minimum standard of 20/40 vision in at least one eye, with or without corrective lenses.
Written Knowledge Test - If you are a new applicant or your Idaho Driver's license has been expired for 25 months or more, you will be tested on your knowledge of Idaho traffic laws, highway signs by shape and symbol, traffic signals, pavement markings, and equipment required on motor vehicles. All of the information needed to pass the written test for a class D license or instruction permit is included in the driver's manual.
The written test consists of forty (40) questions and you are allowed to miss six (6) questions to pass the test. No aids (written, audio, or electronic) are allowed to be used while taking the written test. The test is available in English, Arabic, Chinese, Farsi, French, Korean, Russian, Serbo-Croatian, Spanish, Vietnamese and ASL (American Sign Language).
Driving Skills Test - The skills test evaluates your ability to drive a vehicle safely, demonstrate good driving habits, and obey traffic laws in a variety of driving situations.
Sample Written Knowledge Study Questions1. Automobiles must yield the right of way to pedestrians crossing in a marked or unmarked cross walk at an intersection, true or false?.
2. What must you do before entering a street from an alley, building, driveway, or private road?
3. If you hear an emergency vehicle siren, what action should you take?
4. True or False. When a school bus is unloading passengers on a two-lane roadway, cars travelling the opposite direction don’t have to stop.
5. True or False. You may legally drive the posted speed limit no matter what the driving conditions.
6. If two vehicles are stopped at right angles at an uncontrolled intersection, which vehicle has the right-of-way?
7. Under what conditions may you pass another vehicle on the right?
8. How many feet before a turn must you signal your intention to turn?
9. Where should you position your vehicle when preparing to make a right turn?
10. Which lane should your vehicle be in after turning left into a two-lane, one-way street?
11. When must headlamps and tail lights be lighted?
12. Does an oncoming vehicle have the right of way when you are making a left turn at an uncontrolled intersection?
13. How may you proceed at an intersection that has a green arrow in combination with a red light?
Idaho Driver's Manual Chapter 3 Study Questions1. What does a STOP sign mean?
2. What does a YIELD sign mean?
3. What should you do when you approach an intersection and the traffic light changes from green to yellow?
4. What are the possible marking signs for railroad crossings?
5. What does a flashing red light mean?
6. What does a flashing yellow light mean?
7. Is it legal to pass on a two-lane, two-way road when you have a solid yellow line on your side?
Idaho Driver's Manual Chapter 4 Study Questions
l. What is the rule for determining a safe following distance between your car and the car in front of you?
2. What motor vehicle accidents must be reported to police?
3. What is the correct procedure for maneuvering your car out of a skid?
4. What is the correct arm signal for a left turn? A right turn? A stop?
5. What should you do before changing lanes or turning?
6. Is keeping your eyes straight ahead a defensive driving practice?
7. What should you do if one of your tires blows out while you’re driving?
8. What are the proper actions to take if your wheels drift off of the pavement onto a soft shoulder?
Idaho Driver's Manual Chapter 6 Study Questions
1. Why is night driving more dangerous than daytime driving?
2. At night, how can you reduce the problem of glare from the headlights of oncoming vehicles?
3. When driving through heavy daytime fog, should you drive with your headlights on high beam?
4. True or false: In the winter time, it is okay to leave frost on your windshield and windows during short trips.
5. What must you do to reduce the chances of hydroplaning when roads are wet?
Idaho Driver's Manual Chapter 7 Study Questions
1. Why are minimum speeds posted on some freeways?
2. What is the purpose of a freeway acceleration lane?
3. What should you do if you miss your exit off of a freeway?
4. How do you enter a freeway with a very short acceleration lane?
5. How long should you signal for when changing lanes on a freeway?
Idaho Driver's Manual Chapter 9 Study Questions
1. Which of the following are required equipment on motor vehicles in Idaho: brakes, stop or brake lights, headlights, taillights, horns, mufflers, turn signals, rear view mirrors?
2. When do you need outside rear view mirrors on your car or truck?
3. What color must front turn signals be? Rear turn signals?
4. True or false: When traveling in a vehicle equipped with safety belts, drivers are required by Idaho law to protect children who are six years of age or under by placing them in approved child safety seats.