Texas Drivers' License Test 2017 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
Texas Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Texas Driver's License And State ID
- Texas DMV Publications - Driver's Handbook, Guide, Manual, Highway Code.
- Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
- Texas DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Texas DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Texas Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to Texas, Non Resident Motorists
- Info for Texas DMV Teen Drivers
- Official Texas State Website
Types Of Texas Driver Licenses
Instruction Permit This is a permit issued without a photograph for the purpose of permitting a student driver to legally practice when accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 21 years of age and has had at least one year driving experience who is occupying the seat beside the driver, is not intoxicated, asleep or engaging in any activity that prevents them from observing and responding to actions of the driver
Class A - Minimum Ages : 18; Fee: $24.00 for 6 years.
Class B - Minimum Ages : 18; Fee: $24.00 for 6 years.
Class C - Minimum Ages : 18; Fee: $24.00 for 6 years
Class M driver license permits a person to drive a motorcycle or moped.
License TestsThe Knowledge Test (Rules & Signs)
Three types of knowledge tests are given:
- Class C knowledge test for all original applicants
- Class M motorcycle road rules for motorcycle and moped applicants
- Class A or B rules for operators of Class A and Class B vehicles
The answer to the questions on these tests can be found either in the driver's handbook or the supplements. If you are taking a Class M or Class A or B test, the proper supplement should also be studied carefully. To pass the knowledge test you need a grade of 70% or better. An oral test may be arranged when it is needed.
Vision Test - Your vision will be tested. You may be required to wear corrective lenses while driving if they will improve your vision and help to increase the safety
of your driving.
Driving Skills Test Following topics might be covered in the driving skill test : stop signs or traffic signals
use of clutch - On standard transmissions, hold the clutch all the way down when starting the motor, shifting gears, and when speed drops below 10 miles per hour when stopping. Do not ride with your foot resting on the clutch.
intersection observance - Use proper lane. Slow down and look both ways before entering intersection.
proper lane observance
posture - Keep both hands on steering wheel and do not rest your elbow on the window
Sample Review Questions for Class C Operators1. What is the minimum age at which you can get a Class C driver license without either driver education or being a hardship case? (Chpt. 1)
2. How much is the maximum fine for a first conviction of driving without a license? (Chpt. 1)
3. What type of restrictions may be placed on your license? (Chpt. 1)
4. In what direction should you turn your wheels when parking uphill without a curb? (Chpt. 7)
5. What action should you take if you fail to receive the renewal notice card reminding you that your driver license is about to expire? (Chpt. 1)
6. On a one-way street, what color is the broken lane marker? (Chpt. 5)
7. Describe the "Yield" sign. (Chpt. 5)
8. What does a "Narrow Bridge" sign look like, and how should the driver react when he sees one? (Chpt. 5)
9. What is the shape of a "Keep Right" sign, and how should the driver react when he sees one? (Chpt. 5)
10. Which sign tells you to slow down because you are approaching a double curve? (Chpt. 5)