Alabama Drivers' License Test 2021 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
Alabama Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Alabama Driver's License And State ID
- Alabama DMV Publications - Driver's Handbook, Guide, Manual, Highway Code.
- Alabama Department of Motor Vehicles
- Alabama DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Alabama DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Alabama Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to Alabama, Non Resident Motorists
- Official Alabama State Website
Requirements for applying Alabama DMV permit test
You must be at least 16 years old (>=16)
in order to apply for the Alabama driver's permit test.
An Alabama driver license will NOT
be issued to following people :
- Persons under 16 years of age.
- Any person who's driving rights or privilege is suspended or revoked in any state.
- Any person afflicted with or suffering from a physical or mental impairment which, in the opinion of the Director of Public Safety or examining officer, will prevent such person from exercising reasonable and ordinary control over a motor vehicle.
- Any person failing to pass the examination when required.
- Any person who is a habitual drunkard or addicted to the use of narcotic drugs.
- Any person who is under the age of 19, not in compliance with Alabama Act 93-368, which requires secondary school graduation or current attendance, with limited exclusions.
DMV Licence Written Knowledge Test
The MDV written test contains questions on Alabama traffic laws, road signs, and rules of safe driving. The test will be taken from material found in the Alabama Driver License manual.You will need to answer at least 24 out of 30 questions correctly
in order to pass. The exam result is immediately made known to you once you finished the test.
If you are applying for a learner's license and pass the written test, the examiner will issue you a temporary learner license, upon payment of required fee, with your picture that shows you have the privilege of driving a motor vehicle in Alabama. If you are applying for a regular driver license, the examiner will issue your license upon successful completion of the road test and payment of required fee. You will receive your permanent license by mail within thirty days.
If you are applying for a motor driven cycle license and a learner's license, you will be required to take both the motor driven cycle and the learner's license examination. If you are applying for a motor driven cycle or a motorcycle license, you will need to study the material found in the motorcycle manual that the Department of Public Safety publisher. You may pick this manual up at the Driver License Examining Station, State Trooper Office, or Probate Judge or License Commissioner Office.
Documents required to bring when applying for the driving license in Alabama
The documents you bring to the DMV office should prove your identity & date of birth, social security number and proof of address
To prove your identity bring at least one of the following:
Valid, unexpired US Passport
Certified Birth Certificate
Certificate of Citizenship
Valid Permanent Resident Card
Unexpired employment authorization document
Consular Report of Birth Abroad
To prove your Social Security Number bring at least one of the following:
Social Security Card
A certified letter from the Social Security Administration stating the person’s name and Social Security Number
W-2 Tax Form
Medicare/Medicaid Card (if SS# IS FOLLOWED BY THE LETTER A)
To prove your address, bring at least 2 of the following:
Voter Registration Card
School Enrollment Documentation
Social Security Benefits statements/summary mailed to physical address
Utility bill less than 90 days old
Proof of payment of residential property tax.
The place to apply for a driver's license in Alabama
Your local Alabama public safety office, otherwise known as DMV office, is the place to go when you want to apply for your driver's license. If you have difficulty to find the office, log onto http://www.dps.alabma.gov to check the latest location info.
Practice Driving Test For Drivers License in USA
To practice the DMV driving license test, click on the state name below, corresponding state DMV test page will be shown.