Kentucky Drivers' License Test 2021 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
Kentucky Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Kentucky Driver's License And State ID
- Kentucky Department of Motor Vehicles
- Kentucky DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Kentucky DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Kentucky Motor Vehicle Registration
- Official Kentucky State Website
Kentucky Driver License Requirements and Process
To be eligible to apply for a Kentucky Operator's License, Motorcycle License, or Moped License, you must have reached your sixteenth birthday, and your driving privilege must not have been withdrawn in this state or any other state.
You will be given a vision screening test
to determine if you meet minimum visual requirements and a written knowledge test
of the information contained in the driver manual. If you fail the written test, you may return the next day that tests are given in your county. Applicants may take the written test a total of six times. If you fail the written test six times, you must wait six months before trying again.
You may apply for the road skills test
180 days from the issue date of the first permit, if you are under the age of 21. Permit holders ages 16 and 17, must meet the Graduated Driver License Program requirements , before a road test will be administered. If you are age 21 or over, you must hold your permit 30 days before being eligible to take the road test.
If you fail the road test, you are required by law to wait seven days before another test can be administered. If you fail the road test six times, you must wait six months before another test will be given. You will then have only two attempts to pass the test.
Once you have passed the road skills test, the Examiner will record the results and send you back to the Circuit Clerk's Office for your license to be issued. Drivers under age 18 will receive intermediate status after successful completion of the road test.
What will be the Test to Obtain a Permit Consists of?
• A vision examination is required. (Minimum visual acuity of 20/40 is required, or the applicant will be referred to a vision specialist.)
• A written knowledge test which will contain questions regarding driving rules, regulations, procedures, and highway signs. You will find all information for the test in the driver manual. Applicants must make a minimum score of 80% to pass this test.
• Tests can be given orally for applicants who cannot read the English language. However, the signs portion of the test must be answered by the applicant from his own knowledge and understanding.
• Tests in several foreign languages are available.
Why Are Drivers Licensed?
• To ensure that each driver has the basic skills necessary to be a safe, efficient, and responsible driver.
Who Needs a Kentucky License?
• Any current or new resident of Kentucky who plans to drive a motor vehicle.
Who May Not Have a License
• Anyone under 16 years of age.
• Anyone whose license has been suspended or revoked and not reinstated.
• Any person judged by a court to be mentally incompetent.
• Anyone who has a physical or mental impairment which makes it unsafe for him to drive.
• Any person who is unable to understand highway warnings or direction signs in the English language
Practice Driving Test For Drivers License in USA
To practice the DMV driving license test, click on the state name below, corresponding state DMV test page will be shown.