Tennessee Drivers' License Test 2021 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
Tennessee Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Tennessee Driver's License And State ID
- Tennessee Department of Motor Vehicles
- Tennessee DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Tennessee DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Tennessee Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to Tennessee, Non Resident Motorists
- Info for Tennessee DMV Teen Drivers
- Official Tennessee State Website
Classes of License
Class A - Combination vehicles; GCWR over 26,000 lbs; Towed vehicle(s) over 10,000 lbs
Class B - Trucks or buses over 26,000 lbs. GVWR; Any such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 lbs. GVWR
Class C - Vehicles weighing 26,000 lbs. GVWR or less
Class D - Generally, all passenger vehicles, except vehicle in Classes A, B, C, or M
Class H - Hardship license for drivers between the ages of 14 & 16 in special hardship cases
Class M - Motorcycles and motor-driven cycles
Class P - Issued as an instructional permit for a Class A, B, C, D, and M license, PD = "Learner Permit"
Class D Licenses - Generally speaking, the majority of applicants for a Tennessee driver license will be operators of regular passenger vehicles, pick-up trucks, or vans.
Graduated Driver License
Learner Permit Class PD
Regular Class D
The driver license examination will consist of a vision test, a knowledge test, and a road test.
Vision Screening Test
- To determine if a driver can see well enough to drive, a screening test is required before any license or permit is issued. An applicant is required to have at least 20/40 vision in each eye individually and both eyes together.
- You will be given an exam covering knowledge needed to drive safely. The test will consist of multiple choice questions based on information contained in the driver's handbook. Roughly speaking, you can expect the test to cover the following areas:
Traffic signs and signals — 25%
Safe driving principles — 25%
Rules of the road — 25%
Drugs and alcohol — 25%
You will need to answer at least 24 out of the total 30 questions correctly in order to pass.
- The examiner will give you directions and evaluate whether or not you can drive safely.
The applicant will be failed immediately of the road test for any of the following:
• Violation of any traffic law
• Lack of cooperation or refusal to follow directions
• Any dangerous action
• Contributing to an accident
You will pass the road test, if you committed less than 7 (1 to 6) errors / points during the skills test; will fail otherwise.
Practice Driving Test For Drivers License in USA
To practice the DMV driving license test, click on the state name below, corresponding state DMV test page will be shown.