Virginia Drivers' License Test 2021 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
Virginia Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Virginia Driver's License And State ID
- Virginia DMV Publications - Driver's Handbook, Guide, Manual, Highway Code.
- Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- Virginia DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Virginia DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Virginia Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to Virginia, Non Resident Motorists
- Info for Virginia DMV Teen Drivers
- Official Virginia State Website
License TestsTwo Part Knowledge Exam
- You will need to take the knowledge exam if you do not hold a valid driver's license from another U.S. state, Canada, Germany, France, or the Republic of Korea. The two-part knowledge exam is given on a computer and tests
your knowledge of traffic signs, motor vehicle laws, and safe driving.
Exam questions are taken from information in the driver's manual. You must correctly answer all ten traffic sign questions in part one of the exam before you can take part two of the exam. Part two tests your general knowledge with multiple choice questions. You must answer at least 80 percent of these questions correctly to pass part two.
The knowledge exam may be taken only once per business day. An audio version of the exam is available and the exam is also offered in Spanish. If necessary, you may request to have the exam translated.
If you fail the driver's license knowledge exam three times, you will not be able to take it a fourth time until you complete and pass the classroom part of driver education at a driver training school approved by DMV or the Department of Education.
Road Skill Test
- The test may be taken only once per business day. If you fail the road skills test, you must wait two days to take it again. If you fail the road skills test at DMV three times, you will not be able to take it a fourth time until you complete and pass the in-vehicle part of driver education at a driver training school approved by DMV or the Department of Education.
Vision Screening Test
- The screening shows whether your vision meets Virginia's standards to safely drive. If you fail the vision screening, you may be asked to visit an eye care professional. If you need to wear glasses or contact lenses to pass the vision screening, you must wear them when you drive
Sample Virginia Knowledge Test Questions
1. If you drive after drinking, be aware that alcohol affects:
a. Your coordination.
b. Your vision.
c. Your judgement.
d. All of these.
2. If you are driving on an icy or slippery road and have to stop:
a. Apply brakes gently.
b. Apply brakes in a normal manner.
c. Keep foot off brake and let compression stop you.
d. Press brakes firmly.
3. The correct hand signal for stopping is:
a. Right hand and arm pointing downward.
b. Left hand and arm pointing straight out.
c. Left hand and arm pointing downward.
d. Left hand and arm pointing upward.
4. When a school bus stops to load or unload children, vehicles travelling in the same direction as the bus must:
a. Slow down and proceed with caution.
b. Maintain speed.
c. Stop, then proceed with caution.
d. Stop until all persons are clear and the bus moves again.
5. If you are involved in a crash, you must:
a. Take the person to the nearest hospital.
b. Continue home and file a crash report.
c. Stop, help any injured, report the crash to the police, exchange information and notify your insurance company.
d. Check your car for damages.
Correct answers for the above Virginia Knowledge Test Questions : 1-d, 2-a, 3-c, 4-d, 5-c
Practice DMV Test For Drivers License
To practice the DMV driving license test, click on the state name below, corresponding state DMV test page will be shown.