Montana Drivers' License Test 2021 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
Montana Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Montana Driver's License And State ID
- Montana Department of Motor Vehicles
- Montana DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Montana DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Montana Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to Montana, Non Resident Motorists
- Official Montana State Website
Montana Licenses ClassificationClass D License
• Most drivers hold a CLASS D license.
• In order to obtain your driver license you need to pass the vision, knowledge and skills tests.
• Class D licensed drivers may drive any non-commercial vehicle which weighs less than 26,000 pounds.
Commercial Driver Licenses - Class C, B or A
The Commercial Driver License Manual is a study guide to help beginning truck and bus drivers qualify for a commercial driver license (CDL). To obtain a commercial license you will need to pass the vision and knowledge tests, as well as a skills test in the size of vehicle you wish to drive and meet other requirements listed in the CDL Manual
Montana's Graduated Driver License Law (GDL)
step one - instruction permit
step two - restricted license
step three - full privilege driver's license
You must pass both the vision and written tests before getting a Learner's License
Vision Test - You must see well enough to drive. If you need glasses or corrective lenses to pass, you will be required to wear them while driving.
Written Test - Shows how much you know about safe driving, traffic laws, rules and signs.
Practice Driving - Driver education and the Learner's License begin the process of learning to drive, but
many, many hours of practice are needed to become a safe driver. Like sports and music, learning to drive responsibly requires skills, practice and good habits. New drivers need lots of practice to gain enough experience to recognize and handle daily driving hazards and unexpected situations safely.
Driving Test - Shows how well you control your car and obey traffic signs, lights, speeds and laws.
Montana Sample Written Test Questions
Rules of the Road
1. When approaching a "Yield" right of way sign, you must:
a. yield only to drivers on your right
b. turn on your emergency flashers
c. slow and be ready to allow other traffic to go fist
d. come to a complete stop
2. When dealing with pedestrians, a driver must:
a. make very sure the pedestrian sees him/her
b. yield the right-of-way, even if the pedestrian is in the wrong
c. always yield the right-of-way when the pedestrian is legally entitled to it
d. slow down and sound the horn when entering a heavily congested area
3. A driver, upon meeting or overtaking a school bus from either direction, which has stopped on the highway with its red lights flashing, must:
a. stop before reaching the bus and not proceed until the bus has resumed motion.
b. stop before reaching the bus and not proceed until the red lights have been extinguished.
c. stop before reaching the bus and proceed only when all children have loaded or unloaded.
d. stop and do not proceed until the way is clear
4. When encountering a funeral procession, a driver:
a. may not drive between the vehicles forming the procession unless authorized by a police officer
b. may not enter an intersection to cross the path of a funeral procession as it proceeds through a red traffic control device
c. must yield the right-of-way to a vehicle that is part of the funeral procession
d. all of the above
5. Vehicles parked parallel shall have their wheels within how many inches of the curb?
a. 12 inches
b. 24 inches
c. 18 inches
d. 6 inches
6. When parking on a hill facing uphill without a curb:
a. turn wheels to the right
b. turn wheels to the left
c. keep wheels straight ahead
d. turn on parking lights
7. When two vehicles arrive at a four-way stop, which car goes fist?
a. The car on the right
b. The car on the left
c. The car that stops there fist
d. The car that is turning left
8. When pulling out from a parallel parking place you should:
a. look and signal
b. hurry to not interfere with traffic
c. wait until no car is within three blocks
d. wait for a green light
9. When passing, you must return to the right side of the road within ______ of an approaching car.
a. 100 feet
b. 500 feet
c. 1/4 mile
d. 50 feet
10. Other than by your turn signals, other motorists can sometimes determine your intention to turn by:
a. your vehicle position and eye contact.
b. the turning of your wheels.
c. your slowing up at the corner.
d. the actions of the car behind you.
Correct answer for the above sample written test questions :
1-c, 2-b, 3-b, 4-d, 5-c, 6-a, 7-c, 8-a, 9-a, 10-a
Practice Driving Test For Drivers License in USA
To practice the DMV driving license test, click on the state name below, corresponding state DMV test page will be shown.