West Virginia Drivers' License Test 2021 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
West Virginia Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- West Virginia Driver's License And State ID
- West Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles
- West Virginia DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- West Virginia DMV Related Forms and Applications
- West Virginia Motor Vehicle Registration
- Moving to West Virginia, Non Resident Motorists
- Official West Virginia State Website
Graduated Driver's License (GDL) - Ages 15 -17
Level 1 Permit (Instruction Permit) - allows you to learn how to operate a motor vehicle with a licensed adult driver over the age of 21.
Level 2 License (Intermediate License) - If you are between the ages of 16 and 18 and have completed all the requirements of the Level 1 permit, you will be eligible for a Level 2 license.
Level 3 License
The examination you are preparing to take is a series of tests that measures your qualifications to drive against established standards. These tests include vision, color recognition, knowledge of traffic laws, recognition of road signs, and the ability to safely and skillfully operate a motor vehicle in traffic.
Vision Screening Test
- All persons, whether new applicants or renewals, will have to pass the vision screening. If your vision is 20/40 or better using both eyes, either with or without conventional corrective lenses, and you show no serious visual defect, you will pass the vision screening. Depth perception, color recognition, and peripheral vision may also be checked. If you require glasses or contact lenses to have a vision level of 20/40 or better, your license will show a restriction code for "corrective lenses".
- The knowledge examination has at least 25 questions based on the basic knowledge, traffic rules, regulations, signs, and markings found in the driver's handbook. Automated testing is given at all locations. You must answer 19 out of the 25 questions correctly to pass the test. There is a time limit on the test and any questions not answered in the prescribed time will be considered incorrect.
Audio versions of the knowledge examination are available for the reading impaired. In order to take the audio test the applicant must have previously attempted the written examination and failed at least twice. The test is administered with headphones. The same information covered in the written exam is covered in the audio exam, therefore the same rules apply. Employees of the DMV are not to read the test to you, re-word the information, or provide additional help explaining questions that would not be supplied to applicants taking the written exam. Headsets are limited and you may have to wait if you are requesting to take the audio test.
- The road test, or driving examination, will not be given until you have passed all other parts of the written or oral examination. The driver accompanying you must be at least 21 years of age and posses a valid driver's license.
The test will be over a course of reasonable length which may, if possible, include a moderate grade, right turn, left turn and a traffic control light or stop sign. You will be expected to use all arm or directional light signals where the law requires their use.
Applicants who fail either the written or road skills test may not be tested twice within a period of one week.
Practice Driving Test For Drivers License in USA
To practice the DMV driving license test, click on the state name below, corresponding state DMV test page will be shown.