Mississippi Drivers' License Test 2021 - FREE Practice!
DMV Test Simulator and Flashcards :
Mississippi Driver's Licnese Info & Resources:
- Mississippi Driver's License And State ID
- Mississippi Department of Motor Vehicles
- Mississippi DMV Regional Office Locations - regional service centers, office hours and addresses.
- Mississippi DMV Related Forms and Applications
- Official Mississippi State Website
Under the laws of Mississippi, if you operate any motor vehicle (except road and
farm equipment) on the streets or highways, you must have a license or instruction permit. You cannot receive a Mississippi driver's license until you have surrendered to the Department of Public Safety all driver's
licenses in your possession.
Age Requirement for License
You must be at least fifteen (15) years old to apply for a temporary permit. You must hold the temporary permit for one (1) year before you can upgrade to an Intermediate License.
You must hold the Intermediate License for six months and reach the age of 16 and a half before you can upgrade to a regular license. You must be 18 years old before you can obtain a license to drive a school bus.
Computerized Driving Knowledge Written Test
The questions on your test will be based on information taken from the driver's manual and will concern the Mississippi traffic laws and the rules of safe driving. If you cannot read, have someone teach you the manual. Then ask your examiner for additional information on how to take your test. If you fail the test, return to the driver's manual and study it carefully and thoroughly. It contains all the information you need.
On your driver's license examination, you will be given a written test comprised of twenty questions and statements to be completed. Multiple choices will be provided.
As part of your examination, your eyes will be checked to make sure you see well enough to drive safely. If your eye test shows that you need glasses to improve your vision, you must arrange to have your eyes tested by an eye specialist or optometrist. You will be given an eye form (DE26) to be filled out by your eye specialist or optometrist.
On the Road Driving Test
The driving test is a practical examination of your ability to operate a motor vehicle. It is designed to detect incorrect or dangerous driving habits on your part. Because it determines your ability to operate a motor vehicle safely, the driving test is the most important part of the examination.
Mississippi Regular Motor Vehicle Operator Sample Test Questions
1. When you are driving on an interstate, why is it dangerous to follow the same vehicle for a long time?
2. When you overtake another vehicle at night, why should you use your low beams?
3. What should you do if you are being overtaken by an emergency vehicle (fire truck, police car, ambulance) flashing its emergency lights?
4. Why should you use your turn signals well in advance of a turn?
5. When making a turn at an intersection, what is the first thing you should do?
6. What should you do before backing out of a diagonal parking space?
7. When are paved roads most likely to be their slickest?
8. What does a flashing yellow traffic signal mean?
9. If there is any question about right-of-way in a particular situation, what should you do?
10. When may you drive at the posted speed limits in Mississippi?
11. As a driver, how can you help reduce accidents at intersections?
12. As a driver, what is your responsibility to pedestrians?
13. What should you do if you are involved in an accident in which there is personal injury or $1,000.00 or more in property damage?
14. Why shouldn't you drive when you are ill, angry, or depressed?
15. What is the legal maximum distance at which you may park your car parallel to the curb?
Practice Driving Test For Drivers License in USA
To practice the DMV driving license test, click on the state name below, corresponding state DMV test page will be shown.